Monday, December 3, 2012

Mirror, Mirror

Greetings, y'all!
I took a few days off. I was tired. And I have been crafting and DIY-ing my heart out! I will have lots to share very soon. In the meantime, check this out...
I like to go "treasure hunting" at the thrift store. It requires patience, and sometimes a few trips before I get a good score, but when I do, it is totally worth it. Case in point, this mirror:
I know, you may be thinking, "Hmmm, not so hot..." BUT hear me out-- look at the edge detail on this puppy!
Better, right? Wait-- it gets even better....
So, I painted it with some medium gray, very high gloss spray paint. It took about 3 coats (after the primer), but I love the way it turned out. 
Here are the after shots:

(The detail shot was taken before I used a straight blade to scrape off the excess paint that leaked around my tape.)

And this is where my fancy, $26 mirror resides today:
 Right next to my front door, so I can make sure I don't look like a fool before I walk out the door. 

So there you have it folks, one person's trash is another person's treasure. Keep an open mind and an imagination when you are perusing garage sales and thrift stores!




No comments:

Post a Comment